Here’s a reason to be happy about the cooler weather – gorgeous fashion you’ll love to wear!
We think this season’s clothes are some of the most beautiful we’ve seen, full of divine colours like caramel and toffee, with staples like black and grey, as well as accents of reds and blues.
It’s so hard to pick our favourite but some of the stand-outs include:
* The five-way wrap from Australian designer Cable that can, literally, be worn five different ways, including as a shawl, poncho, scarf, top and cardigan. You’ll never be without it.
* The winter white cable knit sweaters from Viktoria + Woods which work perfectly with jeans, skirts and over dresses.
* 120% lino silk dresses with pintucking and velvet trims. This Italian label is seriously soft and feminine.
* The Majestic cashmere dresses with leather elbows. Wear them alone or over jeans or leggings.
* A double-breasted cardigan by Hoss Intropia that features tailored pleating and a ribbon tie at the back. We think this label epitomises European casual but sophisticated style.
There’s also plenty of other surprises in store, like adorable fingerless mittens from Cascada Eco Textiles, handmade in Bolivia; Omsa knee-high socks and leggings that are so stylish you’ll want to create a whole outfit around them; and the new D.Co boots from Copenhagen in tan, black, blue and grey in either leather or suede.
We look forward to seeing you in the shop, online or in person, and hope you enjoy this video of the making of a fashion catalogue.
The new book by former supermodel Innes de la Fressange has become our bible!
We think it’s a must have and we know you will too. In fact, since we’ve had copies in our store, we haven’t been able to keep up with the number rushing out the door.
Here’s a few thoughts from Innes that we wanted to share about “mixing it up”:
1. Jeans with gem encrusted sandals, not sneakers.
2. A pencil skirt with ballet flats, not heels.
3. A sequined sweater with men’s trousers, not a skirt.
4. A diamond necklace with a denim shirt, during the day.
5. Loafers with shorts, and even with socks.
6. An evening dress with ultra-plain, open-toed sandals, not the evening variety.
7. A pearl necklace with a rock’n'roll T-shirt.
8. A chiffon print dress with battered biker boots.
9. A tux jacket with sneakers, not stilettos.
10. An evening dress with a straw handbag, not a gold clutch.