Having a beautiful space to sit in, entertain in, or retreat to is something we all need. But how do you get there, if you don’t have a special space already? And, if you feel like it’s time to decorate or update a room, where do you start?
The easiest way to work out what style of room you want to create is to collect tearsheets from your favourite magazine. Then simply work out what the common link is.
The new book by former supermodel Innes de la Fressange has become our bible!
We think it’s a must have and we know you will too. In fact, since we’ve had copies in our store, we haven’t been able to keep up with the number rushing out the door.
Here’s a few thoughts from Innes that we wanted to share about “mixing it up”:
1. Jeans with gem encrusted sandals, not sneakers.
2. A pencil skirt with ballet flats, not heels.
3. A sequined sweater with men’s trousers, not a skirt.
4. A diamond necklace with a denim shirt, during the day.
5. Loafers with shorts, and even with socks.
6. An evening dress with ultra-plain, open-toed sandals, not the evening variety.
7. A pearl necklace with a rock’n'roll T-shirt.
8. A chiffon print dress with battered biker boots.
9. A tux jacket with sneakers, not stilettos.
10. An evening dress with a straw handbag, not a gold clutch.